E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

Can we just take one minute to relish in the fact that Tom Brady and the Patriots didn't win another Superbowl? I mean, I was just so happy I almost cried. I spent Superbowl with my friend Rachel at her extended family's home eating and drinking and ogling Justin Timberlake. It was a good time.

I attended a paining party, put on for free at the squadron. It was well attended, and so much fun! Kids and ladies all had a great time, and everyone put their own personal spin on their painting. You can see the overall theme (Red Horse, get it?).



Bryan has been extra busy at work because most of the leadership was gone this week to start planning the changeover so I haven't spoken to him very much this week. But, he says things are good. On Friday, I noticed Hoss has a lump. It's on his penis, I know, dog TMI. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be bothering him or hurting in any way, but with his history of mast cell tumors, I scheduled an appointment (it's today). I'll keep you posted.

I've been sticking to my hardcore gym schedule. Haven't missed a day and still going to yoga on Sundays consistently. I absolutely love the girls at Coastal Fitness Training and I'm so glad I found them! Oh yeah, I almost forgot! The Dependas came in second place at trivia this week! We have been consistently coming in 4th so our goal was 3rd and we pulled into 2nd in the last round! We won a $10 gift certificate, so enough for two beers this week!


Finally- my most hated discussion area- the job situation. This week, things are looking up. I continue to work for Military Child Education Coalition, working on a developing a new training, and traveling to present trainings. I may be headed to Langley and South Carolina in March. Charleston is next week. In addition, I have two interviews this week. One is with Evoke research and consulting as a Sr. VA Benefits Advisor for the TAP program at Eglin. I didn't apply for this job, a recruiter found me! So, I feel fairly confident about my interview today. I also have an interview with a local non profit called Jobs4U. I know that sounds like a sketchy place, but I looked them up and they are a legit, new, nonprofit. They help people with disabilities find work. The position is Job Developer and is basically community outreach and relationship development with employers. That interview is this Thursday. Finally, my friend Lindsey and I were informed that the book we proposed to write a chapter for has been approved by the publisher. Now we have a chapter to write by April on military spouse employment. Ironic, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild