One Month Down

Wow. It's been a whole month already. In some ways, I can't believe it went so fast. Other times it seems like time is just dragging. This week was very eventful.

I got the absolute worst news about a GS job I matched for. Let's just say that due to a clerical error, I didn't get the position. And there's nothing I could do about it. It was devastating. I cried. A lot. So, I'm back to square one (aka unemployment). I did get another interview for something else and should hear something this week...so fingers crossed. Actually, just keep them crossed until I get any job.

Tuesday I got up bright and early to make Fast Pass selections for our Disney trip. I got everything I wanted, so at least I have that trip to look forward to. I also decided to go visit my mom in light of the job news.

Wednesday we had a Squadron town hall and then I organized a pizza night at a local pizza place by my house. It was nice to get out with these gals and get to know them a little more. Wednesday I was also alerted to the fact that yet another hurricane was coming my way.

Thursday morning I got up early to put up my hurricane panels, gave my house keys to my neighbor, packed the car and drove to Daytona Beach. I spent the long weekend there hanging out and doing a lot of nothing. Bryan is getting ready to leave the country soon so I'll probably be out of touch with him for a few days. That's my least favorite time of a deployment. It's hard to wait for someone to call and not know if they made it safely.

I'm feeling optimistic, mostly because of this potential job opportunity. I'm tired from driving back from Daytona today and then taking all my hurricane panels down again. I'm so ready for hurricane season to be OVER. Well, I'm off to binge watch tv and have some wine. I'll leave you with this pic I took this morning. Made me feel peaceful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild