Week 3 slump

Well, another week has gone by and this one was a whirlwind, and then a black hole. It started out fast, starting a new job and diving right in. Monday I had to mow the lawn after work since it rained all day Sunday. Tuesday was my second full day of work, and while I was busy, I was quickly realizing I didn't think this work was for me. I hadn't left my house 3 straight days and was quickly going crazy. Wednesday morning I got some job news that caused me to terminate my contract with the consulting company, but since nothing is official yet, I'm going to wait to tell you about it. Either way, I'm unemployed again, for the time being. I also got my hair colored Wednesday and have to thank Rachel and Maria for referring me to Kirsten because she was amazing! She matched my color perfectly!

Thursday I went to the beach early, and when I came home, the last pieces of my bed had been delivered. This meant I had work to do that involved a drill and lifting my 70 pound mattress. I made it happen, but my back was angry.

I kept myself busy with a few workshops at UOPX to stay current on policy changes, and Friday Lindsey Lee and I submitted our chapter proposal. I FaceTimed with Furio and Bella and we talked about Disney rides. Fast Pass selection is this coming Tuesday! I've been planning my strategy all week. Friday night I met another Red Horse spouse for Mexican, which was nice.

Saturday I went grocery shopping, and discovered Mary Esther market, which is a specialty food market with lots of local vendors and organic options. They also have specialty meat, and this garlic and pepper bacon is BOMB.

After grocery shopping, I headed to the beach, which is my favorite place. It was busier than usual, because it was Saturday, and I found myself really wishing I had a friend or two to hang with.

On my way back to my car, I saw this car, which made me giggle. It says: Chubby, Single, and Ready for a Pringle.

I've been binge watching Homeland and I'm almost through season 3. I also watched Gerald's Game on Netflix, which I'd rate as 'just ok'. It's my favorite time of year to spend with Bryan (Halloween!) and the fact that he's not here is starting to weigh on me. It's now Sunday afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas and haven't spoken to a person since speaking to Bryan on the phone last night. Sometimes I think I'm going a little bit crazy.

On the flip side, there are some things in the works, including the GS job stuff, Disney in Dec, and a possible Vegas trip with Katie for Superbowl (PS I'm looking for a roommate or two to join me there, so let me know if you're interested!). I've decided if I don't have some official job news by the end of next week, I'm going to visit my mom. Seeing your mom always makes everything better.

In the meantime, I've got a few things happening this week including fast pass selections for Disney, the gym, a squadron town hall, another UOPX workshop, and shit, I need to mow the lawn again. I'll get a pic on the mower. Never thought I'd be riding a mower. Definitely wasn't on my bucket list. Well, adios for now... I leave you with this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild