Thanksgiving


Tis the season for giving thanks. And, although I do have a lot to be thankful for, I'm having a hard time seeing past the things I'm not thankful for. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but that video kind of sums up my thanksgiving feelings. Stormy, violent, and dreary. I'm definitely not in the holiday spirit.

This week was, eh. I got my hair done on Tuesday, which is always nice. Especially when it costs half as much as it did in Cali. I got (almost) all of my Christmas shopping done, minus a couple things I need to pick up at Disney. Today, I'll send a package to Bryan which should arrive before Christmas.

Bryan is still doing well, besides being cold. He ordered himself a few hoodies on Amazon. He's been receiving all the boxes and gifts and really appreciates them. He did find out that he'll definitely be going to the Senior NCO Academy in July, so that will put a damper on making vacation plans. Speaking of which, I was hoping to go to Vegas for the super bowl this year, but without a job, I don't see it happening.

Speaking of work, I am heading to Panama City this week to give a training there. I also received an email from my program manager saying that they may have a full time position opening at the beginning of the year for a curriculum developer. She said she thought if me immediately, which I am so excited for. However, the position is contingent on them finding funding for the project. So, fingers crossed, again. I never heard back about the RCC job. Not a peep. Makes me really angry. Yeah, I'm bitter.

In the meantime, I keep applying for everything. I'm seriously considering becoming a cruise travel agent. Yep, I'm at that point. I have until mid February for unemployment, so I'm going to have to take something at that point. I'm assuming not many people are worried about hiring someone right before the holidays, so even though I keep applying, I'm not really expecting anything before the first of the year.

On Wednesday I drove to Daytona to spend Thanksgiving with my mom. The weather was dreary and rainy, matching my mood, and Hoss's:


I did get to video chat with Bryan a couple times and he told me about his crappy Thanksgiving meal. Apparently, they only served the turkey 'dinner' at lunch, so they all missed it thinking it would be served at dinner. He ended up eating pepper steak, rice, and jello. Gross.



It was nice spending time with my mom and Aunt Joyce, but everything is tainted by my pessimism right now. The only thing I'm looking forward to right now is this trip to Disney, which is dangerous because it means coming home will be rough. I don't have much to look forward to after this. I'm going to try to have a great time and enjoy myself, because when I get home I'm going to have about 5 or 6 weeks until I have to take any job I can find. Ugh. So, I'm packing for the trip and trying not to be a Scrooge.


However, this tree (Bryan sent this pic) sums up my holiday spirit:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild