Goodbye 2017

It's a new year. I'm going to go into 2018 with optimism, cautious optimism, but optimism none the less. This week was definitely an improvement from last week. I usually wait until after New Year's Day to put away Christmas stuff, but It was depressing me so I put away all signs of the holiday a couple days after Christmas.

I stuck with my gym routine and still haven't missed a day since I joined. I'm really loving the vibe there, but I'm feeling the need to take it up a notch so I may start running or riding my bike once it warms up a bit. This week I finally decorated my bathroom water closet. It's been an empty white shelf so I needed to make it pretty. I'm just waiting on my faux flowers for the big mason jar to complete it. The star lights up on a timer, so it's like having a night light.

In addition to the bathroom, I also started to look for a backsplash for the kitchen. I'm not totally sure of my decision yet and want to look at a few more options before committing. It's just so hard to tell what something will look like with just one square. Either way, I'm going to make that my next big project. Needless to say, I've had multiple trips to Home Depot and I'm sure there will be many more in my future.

This week, I applied for my concealed carry license and should receive it in the mail soon. My friend Shelby took me shooting, which I am sincerely grateful for. I need to practice to figure out what type of gun I want, and she let me try all 4 of her handguns.


Bryan has been doing well. I text him every day and talk to him almost every day. He sent me a big box with some gifts including an Armani watch (I doubt it's the real deal, but I don't care, it's pretty). It was weird having his clothes to wash. He sent some stuff back that he's not been wearing. We video chatted at midnight his time on NYE and at midnight my time as well, which was nice. He told me that he has been nearly unbeatable at ping pong since he's been there. He said they are having a tournament and told him he can't play. So, for an anniversary gift, I ordered him a really embarrassing ping pong paddle with our picture on it. I can't wait for it to get there. Don't tell him! It's a surprise.

On one of my trips to Home Depot, I got a phone call from another job prospect. Speaking of which, I haven't heard back yet from Alteristic, but it was the holiday week, so I'm planning to call if I don't hear something by Wednesday or Thursday. Anyway, this call was in regards to a training position in Pensacola. I have a FaceTime interview this Wednesday, so we'll see where that goes.

On Saturday morning, I did some community service at my favorite beach. My friend Casey and her beautiful family met me for trash pickup. We ended up picking up almost 12 pounds just between us, not including a giant plastic trashcan and plastic raft. It was oddly fun, and I plan to do it once a month when they have their events.

Saturday I also had to get my sprinklers ready for this hard freeze (yep, even cold here in FL). YouTube helped me drain my lawn pump, and then I headed to my friend Rachel's to drain hers since she's out of town. Even though it was easy, I always feel accomplished when I do something I'd normally rely on Bryan to do. It'sgoing to be below freezing all week here, which is insane. Did I mention I live in Florida?


Sunday was of course New Year's Eve, and I had plans to go out with 5 other ladies whose husbands are all deployed. We met at Tina's for food and margaritas and then headed out to Destin. Huge shout out to Shelby (who's pregnant) for being our DD. I had a good time even thought the night ended in vomit (not me!). I did not drink too much, so no hangover today which was nice. I spent the day laying around, watching Alias Grace, and eating Chinese food. Tomorrow it's back to the gym, and into the new year. Here's hoping it treats me better than 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild