It's Been 6 Months...

6 months down. Well, sort of. 24 weeks actually, which is a little shy of 6 months but who's really counting. That's how long Bryan has been gone. He's still plugging along over there. Honestly, he's doing fine. Taking some classes and earning a project management certification.

This week was busy and actually flew by for me. It started off with a trip to the allergist. My rash was totally gone because of the prednisone, so I wasn't sure what would happen. They tested me for every food allergy (like 90 items) and I have 0 food allergies! I can eat EGGS!! However, two days after my appointment, my rash came back. I see him again next week...

I had a couple more job interviews. One was for a full time position at the local Career Source. The position is something I'd really like, but I did some math. The salary is just a few thousand more than I'm already making part time. I haven't heard back yet, so I'll have to think about it...

On Thursday I had a quarterly Key Spouse training and then headed to trivia, where the Dependas took 3rd place and won two free beers for getting bonus questions correct.

Friday another squadron spouse hosted 80s Bunco. Unfortunately not enough people showed up to actually play, but she totally outdid herself with the decorations and taco bar! We were totally radical!



Saturday I woke up to an unbelievably gorgeous day. I got a good workout in and then headed to the beach! It was so peaceful to be out there again. I'm currently reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and I cannot put it down! I went home and was feeling nostalgic for California. So, I made some tritip and it was delicious! Winn Dixie for the win!

On Sunday I had to put on my big girl panties (or rather Bryan's warm up pants) and mow the lawn! Yep. Had to mow the lawn in February. It's been so warm that the grass has taken off. I HATE mowing the lawn. But, deployments are for making us stronger, right? Ugh. After that, I headed to my friend Jill's to help her pack up her house to move. Luckily for her, I like organizing.

I've been sticking with the gym. It's my one constant and I'm steadily meeting goals and making improvements. This week I added and entire round to my benchmark workout. I attempted a rope climb (I didn't get very high), and I worked on strap assisted pullups. I am totally in love with my gym!

Lastly, I had my onboarding training with Value of a Veteran. I get started with actual work tomorrow and I'm so ready. All of my organizing goodies from ErinCondren.com arrived today and it was perfect timing! I need to plan out my days with all these part time jobs going on! Well, tomorrow starts the new job. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild