Sheesh.

I cannot believe it's Monday again. I swear I feel like I just sat here writing a blog! It's been another crazy, hectic week.

Last Tuesday I headed out of town to Newport News, VA to facilitate a training for Military Child Education Coalition. It went really well, and the campus we taught the class on was absolutely beautiful. It made me wish I was back in college (but not really). I flew home on Thursday.

I love airports. Watching people in airports is one of my favorite pasttimes. You can sit and make up a whole back story about someone's life based on what they look like, what they're eating or wearing, and where they're traveling.

On Friday I had a great call with my co-author, Lindsey. We are finally making headway on our book chapter and I got a lot of research done this week. Be on the lookout for a survey from us soon on Facebook military spouse pages.

I also had an assessment for a state government job on Friday. I was told 160 people applied for the job, and the assessment was to narrow down the group for interviews. On my ride home from the assessment, they called me for the interview (which is tomorrow). The job is in Pensacola though, and took me an hour to get to without traffic. If they offer me the position, it will depend if the pay outweighs the commute.

Bryan is still plugging along. This week he ordered some new golf stuff, including a red, white, and blue golf bag (like he really needs another one). He also got to go downtown to the bazaar. He got a few gifts, and a new purse for me! We're starting to plan things for when he gets home, which is exciting. Not much longer to go!

Saturday was St. Patrick's Day. I worked some during the day, and then decided to go to Destin with some friends. It was a beautiful day. We spent some time at Harborwalk and then went over to Mcguire's to listen to the band and watch spring breakers be stupid. We had a great time, danced, and I was in bed by 10:30.




On Sunday, I had my monthly Geek Girl Brunch. My mom got to come along with me for Outlander conversation and bottomless mimosas at Taste. As usual, we had a great time and decided that Taste is the best brunch location we've found so far. I won a beautiful cowl, knitted by my friend Jill. Next month's theme is The Office, which I have never watched. After brunch, I attended a beautiful baby shower for my friend Shelby.


I continue with my gym routine, even through the hectic schedule I'm keeping. I've started going to the 6:15am class because it's the most convenient time, and I don't have an excuse at that time not to go.

The weather has been pretty crappy for most of my mom's visit. It rained all day today. We're hoping for good weather this weekend so we can get to the beach before we head to Daytona next week. Fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. Just be Stanley from the office. Hate everything and ask where the food is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild