Spring Break!


It's the first week of spring break here on the Emerald Coast. College kids are flocking here and will continue to do so for the next four weeks. This weekend felt like spring (almost like summer) and it lifted my mood dramatically. I guess it's a lot easier to be underemployed when you're sitting on the beach.

This week, I started working with The Value of a Veteran. So far it's easy work and my coworkers and program managers are super nice. I continue to do work for Military Child Education Coalition, and am heading on two trips this month. One of my part time projects was canceled, so now I'm trying to find another part time job to fill some more hours in the week, but I'm at least earning what I was with unemployment, so I'm making ends meet.

Bryan continues to be busy. He finished a literature class and is starting to talk about coming home. He became an ordained minister this week. I know, right? But he's going to officiate a wedding, so he had to make it official. I won't be able to share coming home dates, so don't ask, but at least we're counting down and not up!

I received a box today from my secret sister. I love sending random gifts to my secret sister, so it's always fun when you get one on your door step. We'll get together next month to find out who are secret sisters are.

I continue to work hard in the gym. I set a goal for February to get box jumps on the big (highest) box, and I got it! I have until May to get my handstand pushup and I've been working at it! I'm doing yoga one or two times a week, spin on Wednesdays, and now I've added stand up paddle boarding!



My mom gets here this Saturday, and I'm excited to have some company. It will be nice to not have to eat dinner alone most nights and to have someone to check out some shops and beach areas with. Unfortunately , I had to start mowing the lawn already. It is seriously my least favorite chore. I can't believe how fast the grass grows now that it's nice out. I can barely make it 7 days without my yard looking like a jungle.

But with all this beautiful weather comes the BEACH! It's my favorite place to be whenever I can get out there. On Saturday, I spent the day with four other awesome RED HORSE spouses just hanging out, watching stingrays jump out of the water. On Sunday, the same group of gals (minus one very pregnant mama) rented stand up paddleboards (SUP). It was so fun that we've decided to make it a regular weekend thing. If you want to know what I want for my birthday next month, it's a SUP. So, send cash because I'll put it toward the cost of my new board!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild