SUP Life

Well... this week flew by. I was busy with work travel, so the week seemed shorter than usual. Tuesday and Wednesday last week I mowed the lawn and worked from home, getting ready to head to Goose Creek, SC for a training with MCEC. I was there Wednesday through Friday. It was cold and uneventful, but I learned a new training that I hope to facilitate soon. Thursday evening I worked from the hotel and had room service. It was a nice, quiet trip.

When I got home Friday, I was exhausted. I had a great call with Lindsey about our book chapter, which is due by the end of this month (EEK!). We (mostly Lindsey) crafted a survey for military spouses to answer some questions about disclosing whether their spouses are in the military or not to potential employers (and when they do so). I posted the survey link to about 15 military spouse Facebook sites and within 24 hours, we had almost 900 responses!

After my call with Lindsey, I dragged myself to the gym. I have been really sticking with it, and not missing class unless I'm out of town. I went again Saturday morning and then met some gals out on the beach. My mom finally got a nice beach day and we ended up staying out there from about 10:30am until 2pm.

We had planned to SUP (stand up paddleboard) again Sunday morning, so I decided to buy myself an early birthday present. I headed to Bote and bought a beautiful new SUP! Sunday morning we met up and headed out to the island off of Hulburt Field soundside. It was a bit windy and we paddled out with the current, so we knew coming back would be rough. We underestimated how rough. It was very difficult. Knowing that your survival (I'm being dramatic) depends on your physical ability is really scary. My life was never in danger. In reality, I could have taken myself to the shoreline and basically walked myself back, but I was determined! And many were my arms and upper back sore! But come on, just look at how beautiful it is!


After SUP, we met back up for lunch. It was an excellent day!

Monday I was back in the gym and it was a struggle bus. I took the rest of the day to work, pack, and clean the whole house. The plan was to mow the lawn Tuesday before hitting the road, but it ended up be rainy this morning. So, I'll be mowing the jungle when I get back from Daytona on Sunday.

Bryan is still hanging in there. He's getting antsy about getting back. He has a date now, but it's always fluid until he's actually on the plane. The last month or so always seems to go the slowest, especially for him. For me, I have Universal Studios this week and then Laura and Katie come to visit!! Until next time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild