Sandestin Wine Festival


What a fun week! I haven't said that in a long time. The week started off with my miserable allergy testing. But it ended really well!

Tuesday and Wednesday I worked from home, trained for my mystery job that will be revealed (hopefully) next week, and sat around being miserable with tape all over my back in hopes of finding out what I'm allergic to. I also had a squadron booster club meeting Tuesday afternoon and cleaned the house on Wednesday. After the tape was removed from my allergy patches, I looked like a giant game of tic tac toe:

Bryan is getting in to the home stretch of this deployment. He mailed a bag home to me and his replacements arrived this week. He says it's miserable because now they are all on top of each other because there are double the people there, but that just means he's getting closer to coming home. Whenever Bryan drives off base, he sends me pictures and videos of the camels. Unfortunately I can't save the videos (snapchat) but I can take some screenshots from them:


On Thursday, Laura and Katie arrived! Laura got in around 10:45am so we went to lunch at Juana's, made a grocery store run and then laid around watching TV until it was time for trivia. The Dependas came in 4th place this week, despite an excellent showing. After trivia, we headed to the airport to pick up Katie, who arrived at 10:45pm, despite some delays and a brief moment of panic when we thought she wasn't going to make her connection.

Friday was finally the day that my allergy testing was OVER. I'm highly allergic to nickel (I already knew this) and cobalt. Cobalt is used in blue dyes. Tide is blue. And there you have it.

It was a beautiful day, so we went to the beach for a few hours. After the beach, and two sunburns (not me!) we got ready for the Sandestin Wine Festival. It was soooooo fun! 80 tasting tables plus food tables. We couldn't even taste at half of them! It was a beautiful night, not too hot and not chilly. We left pleasantly buzzed and headed to AJs for a few hours and were still home by midnight!



Saturday morning we headed to brunch at Taste Tapas and Wine. We met Rachel (and Jace- who is the most pleasant baby I have ever known) and Jill. Taste has delicious food and $5 bottomless mimosas. You cannot go wrong there. After brunch, we all (minus Rachel and Jace) walked around downtown Fort Walton Beach shops, mostly window shopping.

Katie, Laura, and I headed back to my place. They packed, we sat outside on the patio and had some wine, and then we ordered Chinese food and watched the Golden Girls on Netflix. We made up a new game: Speak Out Against Humanity,  where we played Cards Against Humanity with the Speak Out mouthpieces in our mouths. It was hilarious! Then, severe storms caused all kinds of travel delays, but somehow Katie and Laura both left on the same plane at 6am Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon, I met a great group of RED HORSE spouses at Olive Garden for lunch (see the first picture in this post). We are all excited to be discussing homecoming!! Today, I was back to the gym after a week (because of the allergy testing), worked a few hours, and I mowed the lawn!

It's been a busy week, but that means it went by quickly and I'm one week closer to seeing Bryan! Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild