Where Do I Start?

Seriously, this week was pretty much nuts. So much going on! Ok let's see...

I continued to work with The Value of a Veteran, and just completed (like an hour ago!) my training for my mystery job. I'll be making the announcement later this week- on my birthday! I also have a training trip with Military Child Education Coalition in Newport News May 21-23. In other work news, I got an email this morning that I've been referred for a fantastic position on Eglin, so keep your fingers crossed for that!

I am pretty much done with my portion of the text book chapter I'm writing with Lindsey Lee. It's due on Monday! I also attended a USO networking event in Pensacola which was really great professionally and personally. I always get a lot of energy and motivation from other military spouses who are killing it.

In trivia this week, the Dependas came in 4th again. I did win a free beer on a bonus question, so that's what really counts, right? I also had another Geek Girl Brunch, or lunch, or what do you call a meal at 2pm that consists of chips and salsa and 2 for 1 drinks? The theme was The Office. I know I'm going to get ridiculous amounts of crap for admitting I have never watched The Office. But, it was super fun as usual.


I got to spend a little time at my neighbor's daughter's 5th birthday party and write my name in sidewalk chalk. I also had a leisurely brunch with Jill and a new squadron spouse friend, Sarah at Taste on Sunday. We had some crazy weather Sunday afternoon, including a couple tornadoes. One that actually came right across the road I drove home from brunch. If we had stayed an hour later, I might have been Dorothy.

I'm still plugging along at the gym and I'm signed up for a 5k on Cinco de Mayo. I mean, who can say no to a 5k that involves a party the night before with free beer, AND a party after the run (which is at 6pm) that includes margaritas, beer, and tacos! I am literally running for beer and tacos. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lastly, and most importantly, Bryan is coming home. I have an actual date and it's pretty darn soon! No, I won't share it. It's not safe to do that. There are a select few people (all family) who I was given permission to tell using code that only they'd understand. It's really just adding and subtracting from dates they know, I'm not James Bond with invisible ink over here! But anyway, those who need to know, know. And you will know soon! Promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild