Homecoming



He's back! Finally! 8 long months, and it's finally over. Until next time. But let's not talk about that now. Bryan came home on May 3rd after a good 24 hours of travel time from the Middle East. He's home for a solid 8 weeks and then he's off to Senior NCO Academy for 5 weeks in Alabama. At least he'll be driving distance away and not an 8 hour time difference.

The days leading up to Bryan coming home are always hectic. I spent the days mowing the lawn, grocery shopping, bathing the dog, doing laundry, and cleaning the house and cars (well, someone came and cleaned the cars because I was just tapped out).

The homecoming was really nice. We had over 160 deployers return so everyone came out to welcome them. We had USO volunteers handing out cookies, water, and American Flags. And a local brewery donated cases of beer!

Since Bryan has been back, it's been hectic. He's got 2 weeks off from work for R&R and we're staying home (not traveling) to just get used to living together. He left 29 days after we moved into this house so I feel like this is MY house, not OUR house. He doesn't know which light switches turn on which lights, where we keep our dishes, and he moved the shower nozzle and I'm too short to move it back. We're figuring it out and I'm trying not to get in his way too much.

We've got a few home improvement items to take care of. Bryan is running a couple of outlets, changing out my bathroom faucets which I hate, and getting our grass back in order since I kill every type of plant.

We've been making plans for the summer, figuring out our money situation and my work schedule, and talking about buying and investment property. We've been to the beach and we even ran a 5k on Bryan's second day back.

We've been watching the Capitals make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and watching movies at home. I've been sticking to my gym routine (except today because I really needed a rest). I'm going to drag Bryan to his first workout at my gym this Saturday.

We've got lots of events coming up. We're playing in a golf tournament this Friday (a fundraiser for Bryan's squadron) and planning a day at Crab Island this weekend with our friends the Eckerts. In June, we have a few days in New Orleans with Bryan's parents, a week with Heather and Eddie and the kids visiting us at our house, and then a few days at my mom's with my sisters and the kids for 4th of July. It's going to be a busy couple months, but I'm excited!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild