Solo Again

Well, it's been a few weeks and it's been extremely busy! The month of June flew by and today Bryan hit the road for Montgomery, AL for the next 5 weeks.


I'm hoping I'll be able to visit, or that he can drive home some weekends, but it's still quiet and lonely in the house without him, especially since we've had tons of people around us the past month.

After my work trip to Colorado, Heather and the family came to visit for a week. We had a great time taking Ethan and Jacob to the local beaches. We went to a Blue Wahoos minor league baseball game, where it was so hot that we left in the 5th inning, but not before I got this selfie in the semi-cool bathroom:


We spent lots of time at the beach, both on the gulf side and the soundside. They got a tour of the base, and went to the zoo where we got to feed giraffes and alligators. While Bryan and Eddie were golfing, Heather and I took the boys to the Naval Aviation Museum on NAS Pensacola. It was amazing. The boys got to try out tons of planes, and the Blue Angel's were practicing that day so we got a free airshow! We spent lots of time hanging out, playing in the yard, and made a stop for ice cream. We didn't want them to leave!



I've continued to work my multiple part time jobs. I spend a few hours a day working for The Value of a Veteran, helping connect veterans to employers looking to hire vets. I got to do some more consulting on the cartoon Arthur for Military Child Education Coalition. I really wanted to come to DC for the MCEC conference, but I just couldn't swing it financially. I will be heading to Nashville and Alabama for MCEC training in September. I also continue to plan vacations for Pixie and Pirate Destinations. I absolutely love helping people book trips to Disney. This month, I am expanding to Universal Studios, and I am currently in the middle of training. I also get to meet up with my virtual coworkers in September at Walt Disney World!

Just a few days after Heather and the family left, we got in the car and drove to Daytona Beach to stay with my mom. My sisters, Emily and Natalie, and my niece and nephew, Furio and Isabella flew down as well. We got to take Hoss with us too! We stayed for 6 nights and had a great time. We spent some time on the beach, where Bella kept asking me why my face wasn't the same color as my body (way more sun protection my friend!)



We spent hours in the pool, went to the boardwalk, rode rides, played in the arcade, played mini golf, and celebrated Isabella's 7th birthday. We also got to watch the 4th of July fireworks from my mom's pier. We had an unobstructed view on the river and they were beautiful!



After we got back from Daytona, Bryan was busy packing for his TDY. I got caught up on work and prepared for him to leave again. I also received this amazing gift in the mail. It took a Facebook post to figure out which of my Jamie friends sent it to me, but once the mystery giver was identified, I was able to properly thank her!


Yesterday, I had the privilege of taking part in a fantastic fundraiser for a spectacular cause. I know I talk about my gym a lot. But they are just That. Damn. Awesome.



Well, we signed up to bring 2 teams (all women) to a row raiser at a local crossfit gym. We were the only all-women teams. We had 10 women on each team and we had to row 26.2 miles (42,162 meters). So, essentially each woman rowed about 4500 meters (2.5 miles). We had a 3 hour cap and both of our teams finished before the cap! Barely, but we did it! And the charity we raised money for was the Special Olympics, which you know is near and dear to my heart since my sister Natalie competes every year. The women from our team cheered for 3 hours straight, never letting anyone quit or give up. We danced, acted silly, and still showed them what women are capable of. I love my Coastal Fitness Training tribe!



Tonight I went to community yoga  came home and made dinner, and now, I'm going to climb into bed (yes, at 8:30pm), turn on Anne with and E since its something Bryan would never watch, and relax because my back is so sore!




Comments

  1. That pic of Hoss is 👌🏻
    Your back is insane.
    I miss Florida and you and Hoss 😩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild