What's New?

It's been about a month since I've blogged and it's been busy as usual. In fact, I've felt pretty overwhelmed this past month. Bryan left the for Senior NCO Academy the day I blogged last and he comes home this Friday. I cannot believe it's been over 4 weeks since he left. It doesn't feel like it. It flew by. Where do I begin...

I've been working the same three jobs (Value of a Veteran,  Military Child Education Coalition, and Pixie and Pirate Destinations). In fact, July was a great month at PAPD! I booked some awesome vacations for some awesome folks, and a few for myself. I also trained on Universal Studios Orlando vacations this month and should be booking them soon! I'm also heading to Disney September 8-12 for a training trip with PAPD. I'm super stoked to learn new stuff, meet my coworkers (who live all over the country) and, well, go to Disney! I'll be splitting my stay between Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter where I'm staying in a Royal Room! I'm also excited to do this little run while I'm there!


Right after I get home from that trip, I head out to Huntsville, AL for MCEC training. I fly home on the 20th, then hop in my car on the 21st and drive back to Orlando for The Value of a Veteran Student Veteran Career Conference and the Military Influencer Conference. While I'm in Orlando (the second time) Bryan will be spending the week in Baltimore.

On top of those three jobs, I picked up a fourth job this month! I'm now a coach/trainer at my amazing gym, Coastal Fitness Training!! I officially started this past week, and I'll be coaching 1-2 classes a week at the 5am/615am time slots. I brag about this gym all the time, so it's safe to say I'm ecstatic to be teaching there! They seriously keep me sane when I feel like I'm going crazy!



In the month of July, I also helped out with the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's which will take place in September. I'm raising money, so please donate on my page when you see it posted or let me know if you're interested in helping out! I went to a good friend's housewarming party and another friend's birthday party. We also had our monthly Geek Girl Brunch. This month, we visited the Ronald McDonald House in Pensacola to donate pillowcases our group sewed. It was also a Disney themed brunch this month, so some of us dressed in character. Can you guess who I was?



Somehow in between all that, I was able to drive up to Bryan and visit him in Alabama for a weekend. The first night I was in Montgomery, I got to meet Bryan's classmates and we all went out to dinner. Afterwards, we went to a bar with an ice shot room. The shot glasses were made of ice and we smashed them on the ground after taking the shot! Then we went to karaoke! The next day, Bryan and I headed to the zoo, which was very charming and had a lot of animals for a smaller zoo. We spent the evening watching movies and hanging out in Bryan's room.




Also in July, I decided that I wanted to run a race at Disney in January. My friend Sarah's husband wanted to do the full marathon so I asked Bryan if we could plan a trip for our 15th wedding anniversary. Sarah and I would run the 10k, Bryan the half marathon, and Jim the full marathon. Well, just one day after going on sale, the 10k sold out so Sarah and I decided to go for it and run the half marathon.


I'm kind of excited, but more terrified than anything. I've never run more than 6.5 miles and now I'll have to DOUBLE that. So, I downloaded a training plan, and I've been signing up for 5ks, 10ks, and other runs to keep myself accountable. I've been running a couple times a week with the girls and ran a 3.58 mile race this past weekend. I'm also competing in a sprint triathlon next weekend (bike, paddle, run). I'm nervous, but I'm determined to stick with it and finish the half marathon in January.



On top of all this, like that isn't enough, we're buying a condo as an investment property. I have to say, the process hasn't been terribly difficult, but with Bryan not being here, I've had to do everything. Getting all the paperwork together, inspections, utilities, etc. I'll even have to close on my own with a Power of Attorney. It's been overwhelming on top of everything else going on so I'm eager to have the process over with. I close tomorrow! If you want to come visit and stay on the beach, we will now have a cute little condo if you want to rent it! Details to come!

So that's been my busy July. August looks to be a tad more laid back, and I'm happy to spend the last month of summer with Bryan back at home. My friend Jen and her daughter Riley fly in this week for a long weekend visit. I'm looking forward to showing them the beautiful beach! Until next time...










Comments

  1. I still don’t understand when you sleep. You are a machine. Tell bryan he has to visit me when he’s here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is, I'm in bed now. I go to sleep at like 8. But I get up at 4 or 5am. He's there sep 21-30. I'll tell him to come see the new place!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild