Cheers To The Last Year Of My Mid-Thirites!



Nope, he's not home yet. I know that's what everyone is checking for, but it hasn't happened yet. Soon though, very soon!

This was another BUSY week. And it was my BIRTHDAY! It was also 3 of my friends' birthdays this week too, so we celebrated all week long. On Tuesday, we had sushi and sake for Jill's birthday:

On Thursday (my actual birthday) we had trivia as usual. The Dependas sucked royally this week, with a 5th place finish, but we had fun! The girls bought me an awesome cookie cake and my neighbor left me a gift on my doorstep:


On Saturday we went to dinner at Ye Old Brothers brewery to celebrate Shelby's birthday and then we headed out to Destin for our last Girls' Night before the boys come home. We started at Tailfins, moved to Lucky's and then ended on the bar at Coyote Ugly.

In professional news, I launched my new venture in travel planning with Pixie and Pirate Destinations. If you're planning a trip to Disney, I'm your girl! Lindsey and I completed our chapter for the textbook we've been working on, which is super exciting! I signed up to volunteer on the Alzheimer's Association walk committee and we had our first meeting this week. I joined a book club and went to the meeting about The Darkest Minds on Friday. This month we're reading The Color Purple. I also joined and attended a networking event with the Military Spouse Professional Network at the Gulf. I'm excited for more to come with this group! Next month we all have to bring a friend, so let me know if you want to join!

Bryan is obviously very close to getting home. I had Stitch Fix send me some homecoming outfits, and how sweet is my stylist's note? His squadron posted this picture now that all the guys are back together from all the different countries they have been in:


My week had lots of gym workouts, including an amazing day of paddleboarding and yoga on Sunday. The water in the gulf was so clear and beautiful. Sarah and I were in awe of the place we live and could not stop taking pictures. I can't believe I live in such a beautiful place. When your surroundings are this amazing, it's hard to be anything but grateful.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild