Reintegration

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I've posted a blog, and with Bryan home I'll probably be posting more sporadically, but I'm going to keep blogging. The past 2 weeks have been fun, but exhausting.

Reintegration is always a sketchy time. On the surface, it's fun. But underneath, it's stressful and confusing. I tried to limit our plans while Bryan was on his 2 week R&R, but somehow we ended up jam-packed with things to do.


After Bryan got home, we spent some time getting him unpacked and doing a few home maintenance things that needed to be done (changed out some faucets and got the yard cleaned up, etc.). We spent a couple days in the gym together and a few more hanging out at the beach and crab island.

The Capitals made it to the conference finals against Tampa, so we made a last second decision to drive to Tampa for a game. I mean, who knows when they'll get this close to the Stanley Cup again, right? We made the 6 hour drive and only stayed for one night, but it was fun. And we won!

After we returned from Tampa, our friend Mike Cook surprised us with a visit, and a surprise wedding! We haven't seen him in person in over 10 years due to his and Bryan's conflicting deployment schedules  and, well, life. Cook just retired and his (now) wife is pregnant with twin girls! It was nice to get to be a part of their special day!

We are making plans to buy a condo on the beach as a rental property, so that's keeping us busy. We also have a ton of plans coming up in June that we're preparing for (New Orleans, a visit from the Schultz family, and a trip to Daytona Beach). I spent some time making some of Bryan's favorite meals, including Maryland crab cakes, and we had a great dinner (Vine wine bar) and movie night (Deadpool 2) with friends.



We played in the 823 RHS golf tournament, which was really fun. We didn't win, but we came in near the middle with a respectable score of 64. I'm proud to say we used MANY of my shots, mostly drives. Hoss is adjusting to Bryan being home. He gets up with me, eats breakfast, goes outside, and then goes straight back to bed with Bryan.


In addition to all this activity, Bryan and I are trying to get into a routine. He went back to work Monday, so things should smooth out. But its tough when he doesn't know what days the trash gets picked up, where the can opener is, or which light switches turn on which lights. We are stepping on each other's toes A LOT. I'm confident we'll get it straightened out, it's just going to take some time. Right now, I'm writing this from the Newport News airport. I'm headed home from a work trip with MCEC. I also got to review a script for the cartoon Arthur this week, which was so cool! I'll probably post sporadically, but at least once or twice a month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown!

Holiday Blues

Red Horse Wives Gone Wild